Saturday, September 13, 2008

sacramento trip

Meeting in Sacramento this week. Thank you Suzi for making the travel arrangements. It all went off without a hitch and I even got back to Long Beach and to the car in a timely manner. Mom wanted to go to the coast after arrival back but I am glad I didn’t get back early and get on the train to go over to the coast…. The train crashed head on into a freight train. I learned of this by watching CNN on the jet blue flight (At this time there are 18 fatalities). I had lots of kill time after the meeting so I went out on a drive. I didn’t exactly know where I was headed but ended up at the Sacramento Temple. I will try to attach a picture but not sure it will work. Any case, I was sorta impressed. The temple sits on a hill overlooking US Hwy 50 in Folsom. High on a hill with a nice park like setting, with a grove of trees close to the parking area and stake center on the same property. It is difficult to find if you miss the proper road, you will end up and a 10 mile round the block trip. Anyone interested in finding it can go east on Hwy 50 and get off at Hazel. Turn South to Folsom Blvd and then left to Alabama. Turn right and follow signs and road up the hill. Road turns into California Circle. (Do not go straight and into the Aerojet plant on Alabama). All and all it was great day.

No comments: