Sunday, October 19, 2008

this week

This is the week that was…(I just showed my age… that was the name of a television news program back in 1963)…. Old right?

the week started with a fire burning up Lopez Canyon above Grand Ma's house in Pacoima.... It actually jumped the 210 freeway but stopped short of burning into the city. The smoke was so thick that it looked like brown fog as far away as Malibu and Santa Monica.

Other than that, the week was a great one… Kaylee wore out mom after staying for the week with both flying to Salt Lake on Wednesday… Now mom is watching Jon’s three chillins till they return from the Carribean. Mom attended church up there and Tyler found a friend from school so he ended up staying for the entire meeting block… this was un solicited, he actually asked his G-Ma to take him. I hope that Jon and Shannon aren’t too upset. I understand that Jon is also interviewing when he returns for a position in Eugene, Oregon. All this has been quite the task for an old lady…. Even though she can still beat Tyler in air hockey.

As for me, Adam and Rachel came home for his 10 year high school reunion… (Are we really that old).... Nice football game however. Adam reported that the final score was the same at half time as the final of 41-0. Young Peiton decided that she didn’t want to go to the game and spent the evening with me… of all people. It was a nice bounding moment…. Evidently she has developed a trust of her papa, strange as it sounds, she actually enjoyed her one on one with me.

Saturday we left early for a nice day trip to Avila and Pismo. I can remember taking a lot of these trips when you were all younger, however with gas being so high these days it gets harder and harder to take such trips. The Avila Barn was crowed with many pumpkin hunters but it was still very nice. Daken mastered the the Hay Maze by running through it four times… once was enough for me. They had put a tarp over the top for weather protection so it was kinda muggy inside and without being able to see the sky it was also kinda claustrophobic. Kinda… it was and then to top it off it set off my hay fever just breathing in the hay fumes. Now that will really make you feel old… the pumpkin ice cream was a good antidote however.

Splash Café made for a great lunch just prior to a romp in the Pacific…. I took pictures of Adam attempting to keep his family dry…. Very unsuccessfully… but I ended up leaving the pictures on the house computer. I will try to attach some of them later on.

Work was work as usual. A producer came in and asked for someone to come on set and put a cast on a patient in and emergency room scene for a popular TV show (Greys Anatomy) So one of the Docs suggested we send one of our cute girls to do the job…. What’s up with that? Any case she went off on Friday to film the scene… I would have loved to gone and just advised her what to do… since I am the most experienced tech in the office… Oh well just sour grapes I guess.

Well that’s it folks… that was the week that was,

TTFN

Dad

4 comments:

Adam and Rach said...

You're gonna need to learn how to spell your grandkids names dad, her name is not spelled peiton, its Paityn. LOL

Dizniemom said...

I agree, it's Kaylie. ha ha! Wow, it was nice and quiet around here without kaylie running me ragged. However, I was running around with Soccer and such, so not much of a rest from the daily grind!

Rocker Chick 411 said...

hey nana i am really sorry about the way that i treated u and i just set up my blog. those pictures were taken on saturday the 25th but it was really fun and on the big 4 wheeler aly and spencer got to ride it too and it was funny and aly wore my helmet. she liked it. well i hope that u except my apoligy i really am srry.

Soccer sweetie 421 said...

hey nana, this is cammi. i donno your blog but if this is papa's then,,,,, HI!